NALSA has framed the Regulations for providing free and competent legal services to the needy and poor masses of the country. Punjab Legal Services Authority is providing Legal Services in accordance with the above said regulations and the Legal Services Authority Act, 1987. As per the section 12 of the Act, 1987 followings are the categories, who are entitled for the Free Legal Services,:-
- A member of Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
- A victim of trafficking in human beings or beggar.
- A woman or a child.
- A person with disability such as suffering from blindness, leprosy, loco Moto disability, hearing impairment, mental incapacity.
- A victim of mass disaster, ethnic violence, caste atrocity, flood, drought, earthquake of industrial disaster.
- An industrial workman.
- An Undertrial in custody, including a juvenile or a mentally ill person in a psychiatric hospital or psychiatric nursing home.
- A person with an annual income of less than Rs. 3,00,000/-.
For more information click link below.
- FREE AND COMPETENT REGULATIONS, 2010 (AMENDED, 2018)
Last modified date : 03/12/2018