The National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) has been constituted under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 to provide free Legal Services to the weaker sections of the society and to organize Lok Adalats for amicable settlement of disputes.
Hon'ble Mr. Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde
Chief Justice of India & Patron-in-Chief,
National Legal Services Authority, New Delhi
- Born on 24.04.1956 at Nagpur, Maharashtra, son of Shri Arvind Shriniwas Bobde. Took B.A. and LL.B. Degrees from Nagpur University. Enrolled on the Roll of the Bar Council of Maharashtra in 1978. Practiced Law at the Nagpur Bench of the Bombay High Court with appearances at Bombay before the Principal Seat and before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for over 21 years. Designated as Senior Advocate in 1998.
- Elevated to the Bench of the Bombay High Court on 29th March, 2000, as Additional Judge.
- Sworn in as Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court on 16th October, 2012.
- Elevated as a Judge of Supreme Court of India on 12th April, 2013.
- Due to retire on 23rd April, 2021 (F/N).
Executive Chairman, National Legal Services Authority, New Delhi
Last modified date : 21/11/2019