The National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) has been constituted under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 to provide free Legal Services to the weaker sections of the society and to organize Lok Adalats for amicable settlement of disputes.
Hon'ble Mr. Justice Ranjan Gogoi
Judge, Supreme Court of India & Patron-in-Chief,
National Legal Services Authority, New Delhi
Born on 18th November, 1954, joined the Bar in 1978. Practised mainly in the Gauhati High Court. Appointed as Permanent judge of Gauhati High Court on 28th February, 2001. Transferred to Punjab & Haryana High Court on 9th September,2010. Appointed as Chief Justice of Punjab & Haryana High Court on 12th February, 2011. Elevated as Judge of the Supreme Court on 23rd April, 2012.
Hon'ble Mr. Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde
Executive Chairman, National Legal Services Authority, New Delhi
- Born on 24.04.1956 at Nagpur, Maharashtra, son of Shri Arvind Shriniwas Bobde. Took B.A. and LL.B. Degrees from Nagpur University. Enrolled on the Roll of the Bar Council of Maharashtra in 1978. Practiced Law at the Nagpur Bench of the Bombay High Court with appearances at Bombay before the Principal Seat and before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for over 21 years. Designated as Senior Advocate in 1998.
- Elevated to the Bench of the Bombay High Court on 29th March, 2000, as Additional Judge.
- Sworn in as Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court on 16th October, 2012.
- Elevated as a Judge of Supreme Court of India on 12th April, 2013.
- Due to retire on 23rd April, 2021 (F/N).
Last modified date : 22/03/2019